St. James' church is of Norman origin, the earliest parts dating from around 1150. There were further extensions in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries to the East of the Nave to form the Sanctuary and Chancel.
The tower was added in about 1450. Read more about the building's history by clicking the button.
Stairs to Rood - now blocked
'Green' Man. An ancient fertility symbol
Sanctuary and Chancel
Norman Font with foliated base
Sundial for timing of services